How do we celebrate British Values within Mab Lane?
· Pupil voice - Have elections for School Council representatives which are undertaken in each class.
· Pupil voices are heard by voting within Class Council meetings and the School Council.
· Each class draws up their own Class rules
· Encourage children to voice their views in various different questionnaires ranging from lesson feedback to opinions on playground games and school clubs.
The Rules of Law
· Have visits from authorities – Police, Firefighters etc. to reinforce the importance of Laws.
· Promote positive behaviour throughout the school.
· Provide our children with a safe and supportive environment in which to make choices safely.
· Endorse E-Safety throughout our curriculum and take part within e-safety week.
· Have a tailored PSHE Curriculum
· Offer a variety of extra-curricular activities and opportunities
· Present positivity cards to children weekly
· Themed assemblies
· Have visits from various Religious leaders
· RE Curriculum
· PSHE Curriculum
How do we celebrate British Values through the Early Years curriculum?
- Making decisions together
- Show and tell Circle time Input in to CIL – Children’s choice Opportunities through play and activities to develop self-awareness
- Making choices
- Negotiating with friends
- Trusting friends
Rule of Law
- Understanding rules matter as cited in PSED
- Class charter School rules
- Tidy Up song/routine
- freedom for all
- Positivity postcards
- Developing independence
- Sharing ideas and opinions
- Learning journals and 2simple observations
- Stay and plays
- Open evenings
Mutual respect and tolerance
- treat others as you want to be treated
- half termly assemblies
- Trips Themed/visitors into class
- Multicultural puppets and dolls
- Multicultural and multi-faith books in books area
- Christmas Show
- Sharing stories: diversity, gender, culture, race
- Diverse range of instruments
- Register in different languages
- Makaton signing
- Easter, Christmas, Divali, Chinese New Year, Mother’s Day, Remembrance Day, Guy Fawkes, Birthdays